ReNUWIt is a unique resource for our Industrial Members, providing an environment where expertise is leveraged to develop a better understanding of urban water infrastructure. Through these collaborations, Industrial Members are actively helping to translate ideas from university research into professional practice.
Membership is open to any company, utility, government agency, or other organization that wants to contribute to our culture of innovation.
- ReNUWIt’s Industrial Program adheres to the
Benefits of Membership
In addition to influencing fundamental research at our partner universities, Industrial Program member benefits include:
- Membership on the ReNUWIt Industrial Advisory Board (IAB)
- Facilitated engagement with current and graduating ReNUWIt students for internships and employment
- First-rights to license intellectual property generated at ReNUWIt, subject to our Intellectual Property Management Plan
- Access to our web site containing annual progress reports, meeting materials, and knowledge bases of research advances
- Invitation to Center meetings, seminars, and workshops and interaction with industry representatives from other IAB member agencies and companies
- The opportunity to support a particular research thrust or topic above the level of membership dues
In return, Industrial Members are asked to:
- Attend meetings with researchers and other IAB members twice a year
- Provide advice and recommendations on ReNUWIt’s strategic plan, review progress, and suggest potential changes to education efforts
- Critique the progress and direction of research thrusts, including an annual strength, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis for the NSF