ReNUWIt Research Scholars Program
The ReNUWIt Research Scholars (RRS) program engages undergraduate and non-thesis Masters students in ReNUWIt faculty’s research labs, under the mentorship of ReNUWIt post-docs and grad students. Scholars also participate in professional development workshops via videoconference, meet peers across ReNUWIt’s four campuses, and gain access to ReNUWIt’s researchers and industry partners.
Please review the Program Details, Program Eligibility, and How to Apply (below) for further information.
- October 2019 - May 2020
- $1000 stipend
- ~5 hours per week doing research (course credit may be an option)
- Biweekly professional development videoconferences / on-campus meetings
- Topics may include Thriving in Lab Groups, Imposter Syndrome, Networking, Engineering Ethics, Poster Preparation, Life Design, etc.
- Research poster presentation at ReNUWIt Annual Meeting at Stanford University May 19-20, 2020 (travel, lodging, and food provided)
- Undergraduate or non-thesis Masters students currently enrolled at Colorado School of Mines, New Mexico State University, Stanford University, or University of California at Berkeley who are interested in expanding diversity in science and engineering fields
- Graduating no earlier than May 2020
- Students from diverse groups traditionally underrepresented in science and engineering programs are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Complete the () by 11:59pm Pacific on October 5, 2019.
The application includes questions about you500vip下载官网r college career, demographics, and short-answer questions. You will be asked to upload an unofficial transcript. In case you500vip下载官网 would like to prepare before accessing the online application, the short-answer questions (max characters = 2000 for each) are:
- How would participating in the ReNUWIt Scholars Program help you500vip下载官网 attain you500vip下载官网r educational and/or professional goals?
- What interests you500vip下载官网 about ReNUWIt's research focus?
- Describe a time when you500vip下载官网 worked in a team to reach a goal. How did you500vip下载官网 contribute? What did you500vip下载官网 learn that applies to you500vip下载官网 as a student and/or for pursuing you500vip下载官网r career goals?
- Please describe a struggle or obstacle that you500vip下载官网've encountered in you500vip下载官网r pursuit of a college degree. Through this experience, what have you500vip下载官网 learned about you500vip下载官网rself? What personal skills or strengths have helped you500vip下载官网 get to where you500vip下载官网 are today?
Feeling stuck? See Pathways to Science's .
All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their application.
If you500vip下载官网 have questions about the 2019-20 RRS program, please contact Pam McLeod, email@example.com